Brace yourselves! Christmas is only ten days away 🙂 I hope that you’ve all spent a lovely Advent so far and that there are more gifts hidden in your closet by now than there are still written down on your “to buy” list. Anyhow, grab a cup of your favourite hot drink and lay back for some festive inspiration 🙂
Creative Commons The Cupola of Galeries Lafayette Decorated for Christmas by spacejulien is licensed under CC BY 2.0
1. What’s your favorite holiday nail polish? P2’s Fever for Christmas Eve without a doubt, or Essie’s Lots of Lux for New Year’s Eve.
2. What’s your favorite holiday movie? Ugh, I am afraid I won’t be able to nail it down to one answer. Comedy-wise, it would definitely have to be Christmas Vacation or Home Alone, simply because watching them has become such a tradition… Otherwise, I know for sure that I haven’t spent a single holiday season in the past ten years without watching all three movies in the infamous Sissi-Trilogy about Elisabeth, the Empress of Austria. Funnily, the Sissi movies have got strictly n-o-t-h-i-n-g to do with Christmas apart from the fact that the historical Elisabeth was born on Christmas Eve 😉 Nevertheless, the trilogy is shown every year in late December here in Germany and has thus become a real Christmas classic. Give it a go if you’re either into really (!) tacky love films or if you just enjoy staring at breathtakingly beautiful costumes, hairstyles and the gorgeous Romy Schneider for hours on end (like me).
3. Share your favorite winter accessory! I love my Version Originale black woolen coat for its lovely heavy quality, its super-cosy collar and the clean and modern cut, accentuated by faux-leather applications. It’s christmas jumper comfort and warmth with a definite modern edge.
4. Describe or show your favorite Christmas tree ornament! There you are 🙂 Not only does it satisfy my inner three year old, it also reminds me of my best friend, with whom I bought it in a lovely little Christmas store in Strasbourg.
5. If you could have one wish come true this year, what would it be? I only want to celebrate Christmas with the same people again next year, and the year after that, and so on 🙂
6. What keeps you going during the “Holi-daze”? Nothing! In my opinion, the whole point of the holidays is that you don’t have to “keep going”. Hang around the fire with your loved ones snacking on your favourite treats and be fine with it. Please 🙂
7. Favorite holiday music? This question is even harder to answer than the one about movies, because I start listening to Christmas music in late October and need a lot of songs to last me till it’s actually Christmas 😀 My Top 5 would have to be J. S. Bach’s Christmas Oratorio, P. I. Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker, Minuit, Chétiens in a non-crappy version for the memories, Michael Bublé’s Christmas album, and a really old compilation of instrumental Christmas music that my mother plays on Christmas Eve ever since I remember. I won’t even try to describe just how much this music means to me, but I am sure all you Christmas lovers out there will understand 🙂
8. What’s your favorite christmas candle scent? Yankee Candle’s Christmas Eve, for the memories!
9. What’s your favorite holiday treat? Bûche de Noël, Marzipan Stollen or soft little gingerbread hearts filled with sweet jam and covered in dark chocolate. If you don’t have these treats where you live, try to get your hands on them via the internet. You are missing out on something 🙂 Add a cup of mulled wine and voilà: That’s as festive as it can get!
10. (Added by me): Share your one must-have beauty product for Christmas! I religiously take a bath on Christmas Eve and obviously need the most festive product I can find for that. As always during this time of the year, Lush has got the answer(s) 🙂
I hope you could draw some inspiration from my answers, especially if you are from a non German speaking country and you didn’t know some of the items I mentioned. Feel free to do the tag yourselves and share your own Holiday traditions 🙂