Since today is the most crisp yet beautiful autumn day and really gets me into the season’s mood, I thought I would use Sunday Funday to do the Sweater Weather Tag. It became really popular last year, but a few youtubers including Elle Fowler have taken it back up in 2014. I have changed a few of the questions, first because some of them don’t apply to where I live, and secondly because I wanted the tag to be more beauty centered than the original one. I hope you can take some inspiration from it and add one or two new products to your own autumn celebration 🙂
1. Favourite candle scent? Could there be any other answer to this question than “Bath&BodyWorks’ Leaves Candle“? It definitely is the most hyped blogger and youtuber candle and I’ve finally managed to get one for myself a few weeks ago. Ever since, I am deeply in love with this beautiful, crisp yet rich apple and cinnamon scent and I am really looking forward to burning it, now that it is officially autumn.
2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate all the way! I also like herbal tea, but if I could drink hot chocolate from morning to night for the rest of my life, I would 🙂
3. What is your favourite bath product for this time of the year? To me, Lush’s It’s Raining Men is the perfect bath and shower product for autumn. It is the liquid version of Honey I Washed the Kids, Lush’s well-known, warm and embracing honey bar soap. It’s Raining Man has got the same, wonderfully sweet toffee and honey scent. Since honey is the first ingredient, every shower turns into a gentle and calming treat for dry skin. Coming in from the cold and having a shower or bath with this Lush goodie is the most perfect everyday autumn celebration in my books. The more miserable the weather, the better your shower will be 🙂
4. Most worn sweater? I love sweaters and nordic sweaters in particular, and I wear them to death inside the house. Preferably the ones with ridiculously wintery and/or festive motives… However, I don’t find them particularly flattering for my figure, which is why I almost never wear one out.
5. Best fragrance for fall? Jo Malone’s English Pear and Fresia, which i am going to do a review on.
6. Which makeup trend do you prefer: dark lips or winged eyeliner? Dark lips! I love taking back my eye make-up and playing with all the beautiful deep colours autumn has to offer on my lips.
7. Must-have nail polish this autumn? Same procedure as every year: OPI’s I’m Suzi and I’m a Chocaholic… For swatches, check out my post on my five favourite autumn nail polishes.
8. Do you prefer wearing skinny jeans or leggings? I love the “sweater and leggings” combination for hanging around at home, but when leaving the house, I’d rather go for skinny jeans.
9. Must-have autumn skin care item? A good exfoliant (I am currently testing a few ones) and a moisture mask. More details on my autumn/winter skin care routine are coming soon.
10. What really gets you into the autumn spirit? Taking baths is what really heralds autumn’s approach to me. Add a lit candle, a book/magazine and cup of hot chocolate afterwards, and I am ready to hibernate 🙂